The political views of Frankenfield (aka St.Frank) are often a thing of wonderment and bewilderment but his latest public pronouncement (and there’s been quite a few lately haven’t there boys and girls?) is simply jaw-dropping.
Here we find Blessed Frank bemoaning the “strong bond” between Wirral’s health authorities
So what has vexed Frankie-baby to throw yet another public (and perfectly timed) hissy-fit?
Here are his concerns:
* The relationships between senior members of the CCG and Arrowe Park Hospital may have dented the “independence” and “integrity” of local health services.
* The body responsible for commissioning local health services may have taken decisions that do not reflect the will of all its members or the public.
* Arrowe Park has a long history of not being able properly to manage its budget.
* Closures, sackings and loss of patient services has been its traditional negative stance.
* The failure of the Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG) leadership to work together.
* The status of the chair (of CCG) and his eligibility to hold this post”.
Does this sound familiar to anyone out there? Replace Wirral health authorities with Wirral Council and we have a carbon copy of the concerns raised by much maligned and mistreated whistleblowers who didn’t have the luxury of a direct line to a government minister like Jeremy Hunt.
Did we hear Frank Incensed ever raise concerns about :
* The relationships between Wirral Business Partnership or Lairdside Communities Trust and Wirral Council?
* Decisions made by Wirral Council which fly in the face of their own “surveys”?.
* The inability of the Council to manage it’s budget ( he was conspicuously silent on the matter of £31 million of toxic debt that the Council had managed to run up)?,
* The loss of services and redundancies at Wirral Council?
* The eligibility of Foulksey to be Mayor and the status of chairs of some of the Council committees which simply defy belief?
But the Frank Incensed has his own “strong bonds” with Wirral Council doesn’t he? Perhaps we should call for a full independent public inquiry into those…and how would we do that?
Well we’d have to go through our one of our local MPs like ,er , the Right Honourable Frank Field! ……