This year’s biennial Ipsos MORI report looking at the key findings of the 2017 Wirral Residents ‘ Survey was published earlier this week . The research was designed to explore :
– Residents’ views on Wirral as a place to live, particularly around perceptions of litter and anti-social behaviour;
– Community involvement and social cohesion;
– Satisfaction with the Council and with specific public services;
– Resident health, with focus on prevalence of smoking and alcohol consumption;
– Well-being and resilience.
So under the circumstances you’d think that Wirral Council would be making a song and dance about the results like they did last time around – The C Word
However Wirral Council seem to be rather coy when it comes to disseminating and discussing the results which you can read here : Residents’ Survey 2017
We note that Wirral Council ‘leader’ Cllr Phil ‘Power Boy Pip’ Davies and their elective mute CEO Eric ‘Feeble’ Robinson shove hapless patsy and Wirral Leaks correspondent Kev ‘Lost Boy’ MacCallum into the fray to polish the stinking turd that is Wirral Council. Read here : Public Trust has dropped significantly
Our toes instinctively curled as we read how Kev tries to rationalise why sensible people on Wirral are sick to the back teeth with the poor services and lack of respect they receive from Wirral Council.
Yes, yes, Kev the survey reflects national trends – Whatevs,babes.You’re out of your depth and always were. Now – as is your wont – you need to get lost and leave this to intelligent people who aren’t taken in by the corporate bullshit you’re paid very well to pedal. We just ain’t buyin’ what you’re sellin’! Just sayin’!
So let’s break it down. First of all can we say that Ipsos MORI are getting money for old rope when they come up with nuggets like: ” Older people are less likely to consider themselves in good health compared to younger people” and ” Generally males drink more and on a more regular basis than females” . No shit, Sherlock!
However the summary of Council services says it all for us :
There has been a fall in resident satisfaction with a number of key performance indicators for the Council.
– Overall satisfaction with the way the Council runs things has decreased by 6 percentage points;
– Those who would be critical of the Council spontaneously or if asked has increased by 6 percentage points;
– Mistrust of the Council has increased by 8 percentage points;
– The perception that the Council does not provide value for money has increased by 9 percentage points; and
– Belief that the Council acts on residents’ concerns has decreased by 5 percentage points.
However what is particularly shameful is the evidence that the Wirral Council funded Wirral View has failed SPECTACULARLY and EXPENSIVELY. ‘The majority of residents (60%) do not feel that the council keeps them well informed about the services it provides. This does mean, that six in ten residents feel ill informed”. Which as the survey notes : “Compared to their peers, Wirral Council has significantly more negative results.”
So much for addressing the alleged ‘information deficit’ or attracting advertising revenue (but then Wirral Globe has them over a barrel on that score!) Not for the first time we say its time to put the scabby dog that is Wirral View out of its misery. Not that those who run Wirral Council will – they just expect us to put up and pay up for their egotistical bullshit. Which, might we suggest, more than anything, explains the damning results of the Ipsos MORI survey!